THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
With eight eminent scientists, the Scientific Committee proposes and gives advisory opinions on major priorities and on the programme of action.
- President, Professor Serge Resnikoff, Ophthalmologist and expert on global health issues
- Professor Jean Cros, Pharmacologist
- Professor Dapa Diallo, Haematologist and Head of the CRLD in Bamako (Mali)
- Professor Marc Gentilini, Specialist in infectious and tropical diseases, Professor Emeritus at the Pitié Salpétrière Hospital, Member of the Academy of Medicine, which he chaired in 2008, Founding President of the Pan African Organization for the Fight against AIDS (OPALS) and Chairman of the French Red Cross from 1997 to 2004
- Professor Gérard Lorette, Professor Emeritus of Dermatology
- Professor Michel Vidal, Pharmacochemist, UMR CNRS 8038, U 1268 INSERM – University of Paris Descartes
- Doctor Claire Rieux, Haematologist at the Henri Mondor Hospital, and adviser on epidemiology and humanitarian medicine
- Doctor Bernard Vallat, Veterinary surgeon and former Director General of OIE (the World Organisation for Animal Health)
All duties and functions of the members of both the Board of Directors and the Scientific Committee are performed on a volunteer basis.