THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
With eight eminent scientists, the Scientific Committee proposes and gives advisory opinions on major priorities and on the programme of action.
- President, M. Jean-Pierre Marcantoni, Cardiologist
- Pr Jean Cros, Pharmacologist, Scientific advisor to Fondation Pierre Fabre
- Pr Dapa Diallo, Haematologist, CEO of the CRLD in Bamako (Mali)
- Pr Marc Gentilini, Specialist in infectious and tropical diseases Emeritus Professor at the Hôpital de la Pitié Salpétrière, Member of the Academy of Medicine, which he presided over in 2008, Founding President of the Organisation Panafricaine de Lutte pour la Santé (OPALS) President of the French Red Cross from 1997 to 2004
- Pr Gérard Lorette, Dermatologist, Full Professor, Head of the University Medical Centre of Tours, member of the Molecular Virology and Immunology Research Team, UMR 1282 INRA – Tours University
- Pr Gil Tchernia, Haematology Honorary Professor at the Faculty of Medicine, Paris XI
- Pr Michel Vidal, Pharmacochemist, Head of the “Peptides and Peptidomimetics for Anti-Angiogenesis” at UMR 8638 CNRS – University Paris Descartes
- Dr Claire Rieux, Haematologist, Hospital Henri Mondor, advisor in epidemiology and humanitarian medicine
- Dr Bernard Vallat, Veterinary surgeon and former CEO of the World Organisation for Animal Health
- Mr Jean-Martin Cohen Solal, Doctor, Executive Officer of Mutualité Française
All duties and functions of the members of both the Board of Directors and the Scientific Committee are performed on a volunteer basis.